The battery monitor provides data related to the state of charge of the battery by keeping track of the amp hours flowing in and out of the battery. Besides state of charge, data logged include battery voltage, energy going in or out of the batteries in watts or amps, and watt hours. The system consists of three components: (1) Data Input unit to collect, process, and log data; (2) Display Unit with LCD display and control buttons; (3) Computer Interface for control and transfer of data by PC. Data logging can be set for once a day or once a minute based on user preference. Audible and visual alarms can be set for low voltage or low state of charge, high voltage, or too many days since charged or equalized.n the input leads from the solar PV modules, and the output lead going from the combiner box to the charge controller. The combiner box is customized for different configurations, based on the number of strings of solar PV modules used in the layout. For a set of 10 PV modules arranged two in series and five in parallel, a 5:1 configuration combiner box is selected. The combiner boxes provide fuse and surge protection in case of lightning attacks.
- Volts (2 channels) . Accuracy ± 0.1V. Channel 1 : 8 – 70V. (also supplies meter power).
Channel 2 : 0 – 100 volts.; Amps, (3 channels) ± .01 – 200 Amps (100A/100mV shunt).± 0.1 – 1000 Amps (500A/50mV shunt) Accuracy ± 1.5% ± least sig. digit.
- Secondary measurements derived from basic measurements include: (a) Amp hours to +/- 83000 AH, Cumulative battery amp hous to measure wear of batteries, Watts, Watthours, Days since batteries charged, Battery % Full
- Data logging from once a day to once a minute. Logs battery discharge profile abd battery charge efficency adn self discharge current for each battery cycle
- Input Unit and Display unit (equal sizes — including mounting flanges): 10.8 x 16.5 x 4.5 cm) Computer interface: 10 x 5.2 x 2.5 cm.
- Power requirements: Input unit with display: Max. power is 1.5W when backlighting is on.
- Measures 1 or 2 battery systems with a common negative.
- With one battery system, battery current plus two charging current sources can be separately measured. Two voltages can be measured. Watts, watt hours and amp hours are also measured.
- It has a TCP/IP interface that can control and read data on a local computer, or also over the internet.
- Logs data that can be imported to a spreadsheet and graphed to analyze performance and diagnose system problems. System efficiency (ratio of amp hours charged to amp hours discharged for each charge cycle) is regularly logged.
- Wireless 3G router attached to the meter (optional) can be used to transmit data over wide area GPRS or 3G networks